India is a country that holds not just different religions, languages, cultures and festivals but also has a collection of different superstitious beliefs. Coming to the origin of these beliefs, they were probably told by our ancestors who in turn were told by theirs. Surely someone like me who believes in logical reasoning would laugh at these beliefs. My prediction is that someone must have got some kind of good luck by doing some deed and then they might have asked other people to follow the same. Well, the line I wrote confused me too but then maybe these examples will make it clearer.
These are some of the superstitions which are considered important. Do not blame us if you book even business class flights to come see them for yourself after reading this. We would book your flights to India through any online travel agency with pleasure. Read on!
- While one is going out of the house and see a married lady with flowers on her head and kumkum on her forehead it is believed that the trip will be successful.
- If you see an elephant on your way while going somewhere, your purpose of going will be fruitful. It is believed that Lord Ganesh, the elephant God of Indian mythology, removes all the obstacles on the way.
- If you notice a crow cawing near your house you are likely to get visitors to your house.
- Eating sweet curd before exams brings good luck.
- If the girl’s horoscope is matching well with the boy’s horoscope, when they get married, they will have a successful married life.
- When a discussion is going on if you hear a lizard making a noise on the ceiling or on the wall, it is a good omen to let you know that it is true.
- There is also a strong belief in the power of dreams, as divine warnings. Dreaming of gods, demons, auspicious animals or any other auspicious thing is good.
- Continuous hiccups are considered a sign of someone close is remembering you.
- Mirror, a pot full of water, flag, light, a pair of fish and turmeric are auspicious articles. On getting up from the bed in the early morning, if a person is lucky to see any of these auspicious articles it will bring him good luck. He is also fortunate if he sees first a lotus flower, gold, the ruler, light, the sun, fire, the sea, a temple tower, a hill with signs of rain a cow and a calf, his own right hand, a lunatic, a black monkey, an elephant or a percussion instrument called Mridanga. Seeing his wife’s face is also considered a good omen.
- To avoid seeing anything unpleasant in the morning, many people look at the palms of their hands as soon as they awaken and recite this invocation: “In the tips of the fingers resides Goddess Lakshmi; in the middle, Goddess Saraswathi; in the palm of the hand resides Goddess Parvathi; looking at my hands, I begin my day.”
These superstitions might sound funny but are taken seriously in India. Book cheap flights from USA to India top see it for yourself. I am sure we will be able to arrange economical flights tickets to India for you even if they are last minute flights.