When you start traveling it is very obvious that you meet a lot of strangers but that is not something to worry about because even strangers are humans like us and wouldn’t really eat us away. But many times it becomes a threat to meet strangers because you never know what happens when you start mingling with them so easily. But let’s learn something new today so that we try finding out how to be cool and safe even when we try mingling with strangers. I am an extrovert and I always love interacting with strangers while traveling. In the enthusiasm, I always forgot that I had to be conscious of what people were thinking about me and what their intentions were. Most of the times, I was safe but life gives us few bitter experiences too. Those experiences lead us to learning more and that is how I was able to frame a set of tips to follow while interacting with strangers while traveling.
- There is a major threat when we try giving away all the details to the person we are speaking to, for the first time so let’s make sure that we are confidential in some of the matters and let’s not reveal all our details right in the first time we talk.
- Take a mental note to text your near and dear ones about this new person who you are talking to currently so that you have this a backup protection with you when you need it so that people know who you were talking to if at all you fall in any kind of difficulties. Not that you will.
- Hesitation is a good thing sometimes. Try hesitating when someone tries to offer you something to eat or something to drink because you never know what it might contain. Be a little cautious about yourself and try using your own things when you are in a journey all alone or even when you are with someone. Just make sure you don’t fall directly into somebody’s trap. Maybe you can come up with an excuse that you don’t like using somebody else’s things or you can at least tell them that you are fine with using your own things because you want it that way.
- One of the most important precautions you have to take while travelling alone or meeting a stranger is that you have to keep your location on. Make sure that you send your location to any of your best friends are your family so that they can keep a track of where you are going. So location sharing is very very very important when you are travelling alone or when you are with a stranger in case something might go wrong.
- So make sure that you always carry a small knife or a pepper spray in case again something might go wrong because you can never trust a stranger so blindly. So keep any small destructive piece with you so that you don’t really have to fall into problems. You can escape the situation with a little presence of mind.
- Sharing your contact number might not be a very wise idea but you can always share your social networking sites like your Facebook ID or your Instagram ID so that you can stay in touch that way and after that if you feel comfortable with them then you can move into the next step of sharing your contact numbers.
- Many times you come up with this situation where you travel alone and you happen to find someone else who is travelling alone and together you might want to go into a complete different destiny. When such situation occurs make sure you think twice or at least take the advice of your friends of family before doing so.
So these are some of the very few things that are very essential to follow while you are traveling alone and happen to meet a stranger. Don’t forget to like, comment and share this article if you like this. Also make sure to look for some amazing offers and deals on all the cheap flight tickets including business class flights and last minute flights by Indian Eagle. Adios!