We can’t go anywhere for free, can we? At least not for adult human beings! If you are a student, then maybe you can visit nearby places or your college or university or hostel with your pocket money. Most of my travelling that I have done is after my graduation. I didn’t want to waste my parents’ money on my travel expenses. But that doesn’t mean that travel is a waste of time and money. It is indeed one of the most beautiful ways to live a life. You need to get out of your homes once a while to stop and admire Mother Gaia. This will not just help you explore the world but also keep you away from all your stress. But then the major problem we all face is the budget issue and that is what I would like to talk about in this article of mine. I personally had a lot of difficulty in saving money for traveling as I refused to take help from my family financially.
- If you are earning, then you need to save money for travelling. Say, you are dreaming of going to a particular place, then you have to stop buying that 5000 worth jeans or dress or stop visiting those glamorous clubs for a while. You can do them with strangers in some new place. I know, it’s a sacrifice, but it’s worth it. I used to have zero saving, because maximum part of my money went on such things and then I started saving. Now I spend them all on travelling. Some of you might think maybe it’s not wise, but I can’t stop myself from seeing the most beautiful things created in this nature around us. People who earn can actually get the chance of saving a lot and travel to farther places in other countries. I saw a foreigner who said she saved money to book New York to Bangalore flights. She told me the tricks as to how she managed to do some travel hacking and book some really cheap flights to India through a travel agency named Indian Eagle. I was amazed. I could do that too. I just needed a little patience to wait till I save the amount that I wanted to.
- Travel on budget means- public transport, trains, buses etc. For farther places, book some really cheap economic flight tickets or maybe you can choose them when there are some exciting sales and offers available. Otherwise, just follow the golden rule of booking the flight tickets on a weekday afternoon just 50-60 days before so that the cheapest one is all yours. You might even get as lucky to have a window seat too.
- Look for budget-friendly hotels, hostels, dormitories, homestays, (friends’ or relatives’ place if possible) and couch-surfing now-a-days. You can even opt for tent stay or just under the sky at some safe places that permit those things.
- People who go for long trips, like resigning their jobs and all generally learn a skill of traveling around and earning jobs here and there for a while to make their living. Enjoy the place like a localite and see and observe.
- Walk! Why would you need a cab all the time? Health benefits a lot when you actually walk! You can take short breaks, sit down on the sidewalks or on the benches at the bus stops for a while or even stop at some interesting stores if you get fascinated. This will help you save a lot of money.
Saving money before traveling is very important and that is something I have always believed. But the real catch or the real trick lies in saving the money while traveling. You just need to control your expenses and need to be careful while spending money during your travel days too. I get it that I am asking you to save money all the time but then it is worth it. You can use it to travel more than expected and it feels great when you get something extra unexpectedly. I hope you find this article useful and if you did then you should already start saving money and share this article with all those people who are trying to do the same. Like and comment in the sections below to tell me more about what you think and stay in touch for some more freshly brewed content.