North-East India is a splendid region that captivates your eyes with its immense natural beauty and cultural diversity. There are no words to describe the innate beauty of this diverse region. Here you will get glimpses of the North Eastern culture, lifestyle, languages, music, and cuisines of this spectacular region of India.
The North Eastern region comprises eight states, including Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura. All these states are known as the “Seven Sisters, excluding Sikkim. Each state has its own distinctive tradition, culture, language, music, and cuisine. North-East India is a spellbinding destination for travelers looking to explore off-the-beaten-track destinations.
North-East India is calling you, just pack your back and head out to witness the natural beauty of this breathtaking region. You can book IAD to New Delhi flight with Indian Eagle round-trip flights to save more on your trip to India.
The culture of North-East India is unique with different aspects. Let us delve into the mesmerizing world of northeast Indian people.
Distinguishable Features of North-East Indian Culture:
- Indigenous Tribes
- Music and Dance
- Festivals and Fairs
- Unique and Delectable Cuisines
The most unique feature of North-East India is to have myriad indigenous tribes. Each tribe has its unique traditions, practices, and beliefs. The North-East region of India is abode to various groups of indigenous tribes who have their unique cultures, traditions, and languages.
Some of the major tribes in North-East India
- Naga: It is one of the largest tribes in the region. They are known for their colorful celebrations, traditional clothing, and intricate handicrafts.
- Khasi: It is the largest tribe in Meghalaya. They are famous for their unusual matrilineal society (women as the head of the family).
- Mizo: It is one of the dominant tribes in Mizoram. They are famous for their spectacular bamboo dance.
- Bodo: It is the largest tribe in Assam. They are famous for their extensive Bodo festivals.
- Adi: It is one of the largest tribes in Arunachal Pradesh. They are famous for their unparalleled hospitality.
There are hundreds of tribes in North-Eastern India and all these tribes are an integral part of the Northeast Indian culture.
Music and Dance
When you visit North-East India, you must not miss a chance to witness the vibrant folk music and dance forms of the northeast. Each dance is distinct and has different attributes. Bihu, Jhumur, Cheraw, and Wangala are some of the most famous dance forms in Northeast India.
These dance forms are often accompanied by classic musical instruments like the dhols, flutes, pepa, gogona, and cymbals. All these instruments are a medium to create traditional folk songs of Northeast India. Most traditional folk songs are based on different themes, including love, nature, and social issues.
Festivals and Fairs
North-East India is famous for organizing several distinct annual festivals across the world. Every year people of Northeast India put their utmost efforts to make these festivals more colorful and vibrant.
Some of the famous festivals that showcase the vibe of the culture of North-East are:
- Hornbill Festival: It is an annual festival held in Nagaland in December. Every year people across the world come to Nagaland to witness the beauty of one of the biggest cultural festivals in Northeast India.
- Bihu Festival: This festival is celebrated thrice a year in January, April, and October. To celebrate this festival men and women come together and perform the famous Bihu dance form.
- Sangai Festival: It is held in Manipur in November. This festival got its name from the endangered Sangai deer.
- Tawang Festival: It features the distinct culture of the Monpa tribe in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Shillong Autumn Festival: It is celebrated in Meghalaya in November to showcase the cultural diversity of the state.
All these festivals reflect the cultural identity of Northeast India. Do you want to witness these vibrant festivals this year? Just come to India without a second thought. Buy online cheap flights with Indian Eagle flight and witness alluring northeastern fairs and festivals.
Unique and Delectable Cuisines
Once in your lifetime, you must explore Northeast India, especially the cuisine of this distinguishable region. Do not leave a chance to try and relish the unique and delectable cuisines of this region. The cuisine in the region is just not about dishes but the usage of fresh herbs, spices, and locally grown ingredients makes these dishes more authentic.
Some of the famous dishes of northeast India are the following:
- Jadoh (rice and meat dish)
- Tungrymbai (fermented soybean dish)
- Bamboo shoot pickles
- Masor Tenga (sour fish curry)
- Chamthong (vegetable stew)
- Akhuni (fermented soybean dish)
North-East India has such a diverse and vibrant identity that you must come to this place once in a while.
You do not have to think about how to book a flight on Indian Eagle. You will get your tickets within minutes without any hassle along with Indian Eagle summer deals.