Are you planning to explore the USA this summer? To make your summer holidays more vibrant and eclectic, just head out to the city of festivals and extensive parades. Yes, you get it right. Chicago is the city where you will find the most extensive festivals happening every year.
Thousands of travelers come to Chicago to have a great time at parades and festivals while exploring the diversity of the city. From music and food to art and dance, you name it and you will get it in festivals in Chicago. Each festival in Chicago is unique in its way and gives you some unforgettable moments of your life.
Before diving into the details, let us find out the most happening upcoming festivals in Chicago. We have curated a list of Chicago Festivals 2023:
- Chicago Blues Festival: June 8 – June 11, 2023
- Chicago Pride Fest: June 17- June 18, 2023
- Pitchfork Music Festival: July 21 – July 23, 2023
- Lollapalooza: August 3 – August 6, 2023
- North Coast Music Festival: September 1 – September 3, 2023
- Riot Fest & Carnival: September 15 – September 17, 2023
We are going to take a closer look at the most iconic upcoming festivals in Chicago in this blog post.
Facts Related to the Festivals of Chicago:
- This city celebrates some of the biggest festivals in the world. Over 400,000 people every year come to celebrate these festivals.
- The Chicago Jazz Festival is one of the oldest music festivals in a city that gets celebrated every year.
- The Taste of Chicago is one of a kind festival that features a variety of food options. On average, you can explore food items from over 200 local restaurants and food trucks.
- The Chicago Blues Festival, which celebrates the city’s rich blues heritage, is the largest free blues festival in the world.
- The Chicago Pride Parade is one of the largest LGBTQ+ events in the world. Millions of visitors take part in this parade to celebrate the diversity of the city.
Chicago Blues Festival: June8 – June 11, 2023
The Chicago Blues Festival is an annual theme festival. It honors the rich heritage of Blues in the city. Blues is a kind of music genre that originated in the 1860s. All blues enthusiasts come to attend this festival to celebrate the legacy of Blues. The begininng of this festival dates back to 1984. Since then it has become the highlight of festivals in Chicago.
In the past editions, several iconic musicians have performed at the Chicago Blues Festival, including B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, and Koko Taylor. It takes place in Grant Park every year. The celebration of the festival starts in June month, hence it is the start of summer festivals in the city.
You must visit Chicago to witness this amazing music festival. Do not worry about your flight tickets as you can book economical Indian Eagle flights from Chicago to India in an instant.
Chicago Pride Fest: June 17- June 18, 2023
Every year thousands of travelers come to Chicago city to take part in one of the largest LGBTQ+ parades in the world. It is an annual event that celebrates the LGBTQ+ identity, culture, and community of the city. It is held in the Boystown neighborhood of Chicago.
This festival is the main attraction around this time of year. Several featuring stages, live performances, and other activities will be mesmerize you after reaching at the venue. It is an inclusive event to remind the citizens that the LGBTQ+ community has played a significant role in shaping Chicago’s identity.
Pitchfork Music Festival: July 21 – July 23, 2023
A highly influential media company organizes the Pitchfork music festival. This event is known for showcasing a wide range of indie rock, hip-hop, electronic, and alternative music. The venue of this music festival is Union Park, Chicago. This festival is a reflection of the striving music industry of the city. It is a lively and welcoming occasion that invites people from all musical origins to congregate and enjoy live music in a stunning outdoor environment.
If you are planning to attend this festival, then you can get the best international flight offers with Indian Eagle. It is the best travel agency to book flights from India to the USA.
Lollapalooza: August 3 – August 6, 2023
Lollapalooza is an iconic, one of the largest and most popular music festivals worldwide that attracts thousands of visitors each year. It is a symbol of the vibrant culture of Chicago and its liveliness. This festival started in 1991 as a touring festival. After sometime, people started to celebrate this festival in Chicago permanently. It is not allowed to use single-use plastic bottle in this event because of environmental impact.
All these Chicago festivals can prove to be life changer. Do not think twice and go out to enjoy the summer season with the liveliness of the music. You can get exciting flight offers on round-trip flights with Indian Eagle. The travel agency is offering cheap deals on flying from ORD Airport to India and vice-versa.
- What is the big festival in Chicago?
Lollapalooza is the biggest music festival in Chicago.
- What is the Chicago Food festival called?
The Chicago Food festival is known as the Taste of Chicago food festival.
- Where is Chicago Fest?
Chicago city celebrated the Chicago Fest 2023 on April 30th, 2023, at Mesa Riverview Park.
- Where is the taste of the Chicago festival?
The Taste of the Chicago festival is organized at Grant Park every year.