Seattle may not first come to mind if you think about gastronomic delights in the US. But if you are in the city, be prepared for the eclectic food scene here. From fancy restaurants to food trucks and farmers’ markets; the Seattle food scene can be full of surprises but with bursts of flavor from around the world and gratification for sure. Consider these 10 best places to eat in Seattle whenever you are in this beautiful Pacific Northwestern US city.
When in the city, simply input ‘places to eat Seattle’ and you will be presented with a list of top choices for your meals. Or forgo the effort and simply follow the list in this article.
- Café Munir: Head to one of the popular places to eat in Seattle for lip-smacking food with Lebanese influences. Reserve a seat for Sunday dinner to sample the Chef’s Menu, which is a hit ever since the restaurant opened for business. The price has increased from $15 per person in 2012 to $40 per person in 2022; but the menu is worth trying at least once. It is also one of the best places for vegetarian meals in Seattle. Lentil dishes with loads of garlic, freshly-made desserts such as candied seasonal squashes with heaps of nuts, and vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes made with fresh vegetables such as cauliflower, beets and potatoes are available here. Be prepared for some creative use of mushrooms in the dishes at one of the best resultants in Seattle at 80th Street.
- Meesha: If you crave Indian food when in Seattle, head to Meesha at Freemont’s Pomerol for a contemporary take on regional favorites such as Amritsari fish, paneer do pyaza, and keema pao with ground meat.
- Sparrow: Visit one of the finest places to eat in Seattle at the city’s Kirkland neighborhood. The place opened up in July this year and is already a hit with the locals. Their back patio seating is dog-friendly. Try lamb tacos, mussels, tuna tartare, chicken sandwiches, mushroom burgers, roasted scallops, and of course the house favorite bread pudding.
- Tomo: It is one of the best places to eat in Seattle for Pacific Northwest cuisine. If you are strolling around 16th Avenue, go there and grab your seat for a refreshing meal. How about some sweet potato with delicious miso caramel!
- The George: For a scrumptious fine dining experience in Seattle, go to The George at Fairmont Olympic Hotel in downtown Seattle. Opened originally in 1924, this year it received a lavish makeover. Sample their offerings of dairy, seafood, and meat with other fresh ingredients. This is one of the best places to eat in Seattle for hearty breakfasts, decadent lunches, and delicious dinners.
6. Salt District: When you are at Pier 55, do not miss dining at this must-eat in Seattle restaurant. Relish beverages and appetizers with a stunning view of the Puget Sound. If the weather is nice, try the patio seating at the restaurant. Pair your food with their amazing selection of beers and wines. Sample their crab pasta with fresh orange or salmon bruschetta with basil and ricotta.
7. Shama: If you are out there exploring the famous Pike Place Market, try a meal at least once at this restaurant serving Moroccan cuisine. It is also one of the best places to eat in Seattle for families. Their meat-based main courses come with side dishes of saffron rice and yummy seasonal vegetables.
8. Taqueria la Fondita: A mention of famous food trucks in Seattle is a must in this ‘best places to eat Seattle’ list. You can find this Mexican food truck in White Center and also in North Seattle. Try their tacos, salads, burritos, and combo plates. And yes, be prepared for some sizzling food as the place also offers spicy dishes.
9. Copperleaf: Visiting Copperleaf restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge is a must for exploring the rich Seattle food scene. It is also one of the best places to eat in Seattle for business lunches. The menu here changes every day based on the availability of fresh produce. Oysters, prawns, figs, fish, mushrooms, and meat find their way to delicious meals they offer. A must-try dessert here is the carrot cake with malt ice cream.
10. Galaxy Rune Burgers: Seattle also has a vibrant vegan food scene. Choose to eat at this place at Freemont Avenue for tasty plant-based food. Feast on nuggets and their dishes with house-made sauces along with stunning views of the Seattle skyline.
Peruse this ‘best places to eat Seattle’ list and top your Seattle trip with even more delicious delights. You can also sample fresh food at famous farmers’ markets in Seattle such as Ballard Farmer’s Market, Bainbridge Island Farmer’s Market, Pike Place Market etc.
If you are planning to visit Seattle, check the cheap flight deals at the Indian Eagle website. You can also book last-minute and business class flights from Seattle to India (multiple destinations) easily.
Can you find fresh seafood dishes in Seattle?
Yes, Seattle offers an excellent food scene with fresh seafood on the menu. The Walrus and the Carpenter, Taylor Shellfish Oyster Bar, Manolin, and RockCreek are some best places to eat in Seattle for those who want good seafood. Dishes with shrimp, crabs, caviar, oysters, mussels, and a variety of fish are available in Seattle restaurants.
Is vegan food easily available in Seattle?
Yes, you can find vegan-only food as well as famous restaurants with a separate vegan menu in Seattle. Pi Vegan Pizzeria, Harvest Beat, Kati Vegan Thai, Broadfork Cafe, Veggie Grill, and Cafe Flora are some notable vegan eateries in Seattle.