The Chennai government is giving so many surprises. First, a direct flight between Bhubaneswar and Dubai, now WhatsApp tickets to travel on Chennai Metro Line. On Wednesday, Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL) launched e-tickets to be booked via the Meta-owned messaging and calling platform, WhatsApp.
CMRL officials said that more than 2.5 lakh passengers commute on Chennai Metro. The officials introduced this new WhatsApp chatbot-based ticketing service to make their commute better and smoother. Daily commuters of Chennai Metro Lines are very happy with this decision. Now, they don’t need to stand in queues to get their tickets daily or renew their passes. Passengers can generate QR tickets on their mobile phones and travel using them. There’s also a Mobile App where travelers can generate QR Tickets without hassle.
There’s another good news related to the Chennai Metro Line. Commuters will be able to avail 20% discount on these E-Tickets generated through the messaging app.
How to book Chennai Metro WhatsApp E-Tickets?
- First, send a text message ‘Hi’ to this number +91 8300086000. Every metro station throughout the city will receive your message.
- Now, you will get the option of choosing your preferred language – English or Tamil.
- After that, you will be asked to either purchase tickets or look for a local metro station.
- In this step, you are required to make a payment. There are many payment options such as UPI, credit cards, debit cards, and more.
- Once the payment is done, the QR ticket will be generated and sent to you on WhatsApp.
- At a time, you will be allowed to generate 6 e-tickets through WhatsApp.
Conditions on WhatsApp Generated E-Tickets
Along with booking instructions, there are some conditions on Chennai Metro online tickets generated by the messaging and calling platform, WhatsApp.
- The Chennai Metro online ticket Validity will end on the same business day. Once the entry is recorded, passengers will have a maximum of 120 minutes to exit from the destination.
- To exit the source station, passengers will get 20 minutes after the entry is done.
- Once the business day is over, passengers will not be allowed to book e-tickets.
- WhatsApp e-ticket cancellation is not allowed.
Recently, the Chennai Government launched its first-ever direct flight from Bhubaneswar to Dubai. The service has been provided by one of the leading airlines in India, Indigo. The flight will be operated on three days a week – Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This initiative will help NROs as well as people who travel via India to USA flights and usually take connecting flights from Dubai.
City Village News keeps sharing industry updates and current news. To get daily updates, you can subscribe to our newsletter!