Planning a trip from USA to India?
Indian Eagle will let you travel cheap on weekdays from Philadelphia to Kolkata.
Today, Kolkata is one of the most famous cities in India. It is located in the Indian state of West Bengal, to the east of the country, and is a very important port. It was the former capital of the British-Indian Empire.
There are a lot of people traveling from Philadelphia to Kolkata. Read on to see what to do in Kolkata.
What Places Can You Visit in Kolkata?
- Victoria Memorial: Built and named in the honor of one of the greatest queens in Britain, the Victoria Memorial is an architectural beauty to behold. It is a colonial structure, as can be imagined, and still stands today as a major tourist attraction.
- Sundarbans National Park: Being a popular tourist hotspot, it is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here, you can find the first tiger reserve ever established in the country!
- Mother House: The Mother House is today the tomb of the Nobel Peace Prize winner, Mother Teresa. When she resided in Kolkata during her days, this place was a shelter for the physically and the mentally challenged.
- Howrah Bridge: Your visit to Kolkata is incomplete without seeing the Howrah Bridge. It was constructed over the Hooghly River.
- Birla Planetarium: Kids, especially, will be very excited to visit the Birla Planetarium in Kolkata.
What Food Should I Have in Kolkata?
- Kathi roll: Kathi rolls are essentially paratha made out of flour, veggies, eggs, or non-veggies inserted, rolled up, and served with sauces and spices.
- Rasgulla: The best dessert in Kolkata, rasgullas seem like panner (cottage cheese) balls dipped in a sugary syrup. It is not proper to leave the city without tasting one plate of rasgullas.
- Kolkata biryani: Inspired by the Awadhi style, the Kolkata biryani is made with flavored rice with potato, cooked in spices, served with mutton or chicken.
Which Airlines Connect Between Philadelphia and Kolkata?
The airlines that connect flights from PHL to CCU are:
- Air India
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airways
- Jet Airways
- United Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Delta Air Lines
What are the Best Tips to Travel Cheap on Weekdays from Philadelphia to Kolkata?
Here are some tips for the best deals on Philadelphia to Kolkata flights at very economical prices:
- You should consider booking your flights to Kolkata at least 21 days before your travel dates.
- See if you can travel to Kolkata before the beginning or at the end of major festivals and peak tourist seasons.
- Subscribe for our newsletter to receive the lowest airfare alerts in your email inbox for PHL to CCU.
- You can check out some of the best deals Indian Eagle offers you, such as Eagle Deals, Alternative Dates Deals, Secret Deals, and Reward Program.
Planning a trip to India? Contact Indian Eagle now and get your flights from Philadelphia to Kolkata booked at the most cost-effective prices!